About Semeru mount located in the heart of the ring of fire with hundreds of volcanoes littering its belt, Indonesia boasts one single volcano that almost all local mountaineers aspire to ascend: Mount Semeru, the highest summit in Java, legendary for both its stunning scenery and extremely challenging terrain.
The scenery around Mt. Semeru was strikingly beautiful, yet the challenge to reach the summit was so demanding that it seemed some divine spirit had forbade humans to ascend to the mountain’s top, promising severe punishment for those who disobeyed.
Hikers can enjoy heavenly vistas even without climbing to the mountain’s summit, as the surrounding area boasts Ranu Kumbolo Lake, which is famous for its turquoise blue water and the stunning green hills that surround it. Only a 15-minute walk from the lake is a breathtaking view of the Oro Oro Ombo meadow, a 100-hectare savanna.
Lets visit Semeru mount with Java eco tour
Day 01 Surabaya go to Bromo
Pick up Surabaya Airport or Stations
then Drive to bromo area (around 4 hours)
Overnight at Homestay / hotel in bromo.
Day 02 Ranupane – Ranu Kumbolo- Kalimati Camp ( MOUNT SEMERU AREA )
– from home stay /hotel by using jeep we drive to ranupani
– prepare everything , buying ticket, etc
– from ranupani we will walk to ranu kumbolo (13 km)
– then from ranu kumbolo walk to kali mati (4,9 km)
– kali mati to arcopodo (3 km)
– we stay at kali mati or in arcopode at night ( we have prepare porter, tent, cooking equipment, sleeping bed etc)
– from arcopodo to the top (3.5 km)
Day 03 Back to –Ranu Pane – Cemoro Lawang ( MOUNT BROMO AREA )
– at 02 am in the morning we walk up from arcopodo / kali mati to the top of semeru
– after arrive in the top we enjoy excellence view of highest mount in java
– we get back to kalimati
– normally we can arrive in ranupani in the evening
– then go to home stay in (bromo area) by using jeep
– if we have enough time we can see sun set from penanjakan mount
Day 04. Bromo – surbaya / Bali (or other place)
wake up little bit late
our team will take you back to Surabaya/Malang airport .
have nice trip.
– jeep according the itinerary
– porter, tent, cooking equipment, sleeping bed.
rain coat (if raining)
Personal items (toiletries, snacks).
Extra tip for jeep driver and local guide and porter
Before leaving please prepare: healthy certificate (explanation letter that you have good condition), 1 copy of passport (for registration)